2017年8月27日日曜日

Kyuko-den

"Kyuko-den", in Japanese and pronounce "Q-Kow-den", is perhaps unfamiliar word for foreign people, I suppose. This is managed fallow paddy field for adjusting crop of rice, or to restore nutrition in soil. The environment gives waders nice feeding spot, especially migrating birds like sandpipers, plovers and herons. Interestingly, not everything is good. Even if it looks good condition (See photos below. Shallow water, a little grass grows etc...), sometimes no bird at all. So I need to check each kyuko-den in the strong and hot sunlight in summer. It is hard to me, however it is fun to "pilgrim".

 Kyuko-den, with waders.

27th August, I visited some Kyuko-den near my house, to watch waders. I could see the birds what I wanted to meet, with good view!

Intermediate egret and Little egret

A flock of Red-necked Stint

Long-toed stint

Little ringed plover

When I was a young (about 30years ago), we could see many waders in Kyuko-den at that time. However the number of sandpipers and plovers have dramatically declined last 15 years.

夏の陽射しの中、休耕田を見て廻りました。トウネンの群れの中にヒバリシギを見つけることができたのは嬉しかったです。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿